9.20.2008

"B" for...Beanies, Beads, Buttons, and Bianca

I came across a pattern for an adorable crochet hat at my sister's house last week. Once I got started I just couldn't seem to stop and made another, then another, and yet another. Each time trying to perfect it or personalize the pattern. After making three, I realized that it seemed that I was favoring girls and thought I'd make one blue for a boy. However, no matter what I did with the pattern or any embellishment, the hat still screamed girl. In the end I gave in and let it be. I concluded that it was the pattern, with it's lacy appearance, that makes it very much a girls beanie. These were so fun and easy to make, especially when it came to adding the embellishments. The only thing now is that I feel challenged to create a crochet hat that's all boy - and when I do, I'll be sure to share.

You can find the pattern at www.ottobredesign.com.

This week, my sister and I attended a beading class in my neighborhood. We can make whatever project we choose and there are so many beads to choose from. This is probably the hardest part for me...making up my mind. But this time I made it easy for myself and made some earrings to match a bracelet that I had previously created using turquoise and smokey quartz beads. Bianca made a gorgeous matching bracelet and necklace. Check out my sister's blog to see what she made and you'll see that she is super talented herself in so many ways. She inspires me!

Then if that wasn't enough for one week (there's never enough, especially time to do all that I'd love to)...we sat down last night and put some more fabric covered buttons together for hair clips. I just love the simplicity and beauty of these.

3 comments:

emily sue said...

o.k. you are so incredibly talented! Can i hire you for my personal craft/jewelery maker/chef/hair accessory inventor? i would love to get a group together and do stuff with you!

Krista said...

Really Cute projects, I love the apron your sister made on her blog. You guys should hold a GNO and teach us how to do all your fun crafts. Just make sure you invite me.

Shiv said...

You are so good at everything you do! Seriously!