3.04.2010

Who has time anymore?

Alright, I know that if you want to do something you will make the time for it. But really, I wish I had time for EVERYTHING that I want to do.

With that being said, I do have something to share. A 'shaped' cover for an infant car seat. It's a project that I've mulled over for some time and did not think I would actually get to it for some time longer - or ever. I was very excited when I was given the opportunity to make it for a gift.

One reason I chose to shape the cover, rather than make the more common elastic-fitted-cover, is so that the seat belt paths are more easily accessible. I also widened the panels on the shade for a little more coverage.

I love what my sewing machine (a beautiful gift I treasure every time I use it) allows me to do. If there is any advice I can give, it is to find something to challenge yourself, tell yourself you can do it, and then see it through - it is so rewarding!

7 comments:

C.LEE said...

you made that?! it is adorable!!!

Bianca said...

It turned out gorgeous!!! I'm so glad that fabric went to good use - it's one of my favorites! And you do have a wonderful sewing machine, and some amazing talent to go with it!!

Kristi said...

You are seriously the MOST talented gal I know!!!! I miss our craft days! Hope the family is doing great!

Laurita said...

You did a wonderful job with that! Can't wait to see the little baby in it!

Shiv said...

I second everything that's been said...

Kandice said...

I was going to ask you if you had made that the other day. Mind sharing a pattern with me? Mine could use an update.

Unknown said...

Hi!

I came across your blog when I was doing a search on google for car seat covers. This is exactly what I am looking for. I'm hoping you can help me. Can you tell me where you found your tutorial or pattern? I have been looking for one but can only find the ones that have the elastic around the sides and base. Thanks for your help!

Melissa Warner
melissa.warner(at)gmail.com